mnhim001

Jun 4, 2021
San Dimas, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My TA has always been pretty high, my TA reading was at 200+ and my PH reading was at 7.5, I added Muriatic Acid to try to bring down my TA but my TA level is still at 200+ (tested 24 hours after adding Muriatic Acid), this obviously brought down my PH to 7.2, which I will raise back to 7.5 by aerating the pool.

My readings come from a Sutro device.

At what point does TA become a problem? Should I ignore the high TA levels if my PH is balanced?

Welcome to the forum!
TA becomes a problem when its level, along with pH, CH, CYA, borates, water temperature, and salinity push the CSI above 0.6 and scaling becomes an issue.
I hope that Sutro thing is not your only source of water chemistry testing. It is not known for accuracy or repeatability. Get a drop based K2006C or TF100.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
TA becomes a problem when its level, along with pH, CH, CYA, borates, water temperature, and salinity push the CSI above 0.6 and scaling becomes an issue.
I hope that Sutro thing is not your only source of water chemistry testing. It is not known for accuracy or repeatability. Get a drop based K2006C or TF100.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
I am considering getting the TF100 kit. I am still within the return period of Sutro, which I'll be returning shortly.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.