mnhim001

Jun 4, 2021
San Dimas, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My TA has always been pretty high, my TA reading was at 200+ and my PH reading was at 7.5, I added Muriatic Acid to try to bring down my TA but my TA level is still at 200+ (tested 24 hours after adding Muriatic Acid), this obviously brought down my PH to 7.2, which I will raise back to 7.5 by aerating the pool.

My readings come from a Sutro device.

At what point does TA become a problem? Should I ignore the high TA levels if my PH is balanced?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welcome to the forum!
TA becomes a problem when its level, along with pH, CH, CYA, borates, water temperature, and salinity push the CSI above 0.6 and scaling becomes an issue.
I hope that Sutro thing is not your only source of water chemistry testing. It is not known for accuracy or repeatability. Get a drop based K2006C or TF100.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

mnhim001

Jun 4, 2021
San Dimas, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Welcome to the forum!
TA becomes a problem when its level, along with pH, CH, CYA, borates, water temperature, and salinity push the CSI above 0.6 and scaling becomes an issue.
I hope that Sutro thing is not your only source of water chemistry testing. It is not known for accuracy or repeatability. Get a drop based K2006C or TF100.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
I am considering getting the TF100 kit. I am still within the return period of Sutro, which I'll be returning shortly.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread