Assistance turning on Circupool RJ30

Cburkett

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Punxsutawney, Pa
Hello. Just installed Rj+ ready to start. Purchased additional test kit K-1766.
Current testing
Cya 65
Cc 0
Fc 6
Ph 7.2
Ch 150
Ta 80
We run our pool 24/7 and have heated water. I'm asking for help because I've struggled with iron in the past badly and dont want to knock anything out of chemistry. Currently treat with proteam metal magic.
Thank you for helping me convert.
Chrissy

Set the SWCG to generate 3 ppm FC per day. Test FC each day at the same time and see if your FC is rising or falling, Adjust the % generation (or pump run time) to compensate. Use Poolmath to determine % setting of your SWCG to create the 3 ppm FC.

Set the SWCG to generate 3 ppm FC per day. Test FC each day at the same time and see if your FC is rising or falling, Adjust the % generation (or pump run time) to compensate. Use Poolmath to determine % setting of your SWCG to create the 3 ppm FC.
Thank you so much for responding. He didn't get to it yesterday and it's too overwhelming for me to do myself. I'm the one that takes care of all the testing and chemicals. Once the salt gets added I switch over to the salt testing kit for the FC readings correct. no longer use the dpd powder. Thanks again. Once I get a grasp of this I should be good to go

You test FC using the FAS-DPD test. No difference if you are using the SWCG or not.

Is the SWCG powered on? Set the chlorinator at 25% and test the FC each day at the same time. Adjust the % up or down to keep your FC in the target range for your CYA.

On the pool math app what do I put in for the for the 24 hr swg output.
Touch the Eyeglass icon and select your SWCG brand/model. It will populate what your SWCG is rated for.
Should I add bleach to get FC up or wait for SWG and is the cya okay being at 60
You should add bleach to raise your FC up to the target range for your CYA. A CYA of 60 is fine, if you find you are losing too much FC each day, raise it to 70 ppm.

Things are going smoothly so far. Today my fc up to 5.5. If up tomorrow I'll start reducing %. Do I just reduce by 5% at a time. Wanted to see if you could make a recommendation on an auto cleaner ours finally broke beyond repair. Also is this site donation only. idk what I would have done without you. Is there a link. Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lowering generation by 5% each time is a good plan.

Many of us have Maytronics robots. I have the Active20. Contact Marina Pool Spa in Denver (call them) as they have the best prices and can provide you what best fits your needs. They only do orders over the phone (retains full Maytronics warranty that way.).

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.
Support TFP!

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Lowering generation by 5% each time is a good plan.

Many of us have Maytronics robots. I have the Active20. Contact Marina Pool Spa in Denver (call them) as they have the best prices and can provide you what best fits your needs. They only do orders over the phone (retains full Maytronics warranty that way.).

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.
Support TFP!
Thank you for the help. I made donation. Have a active20 on the way from marina pool. We have pool running 24/7. I haven't turned heater on yet. I don't know if that makes a difference in chlorine. Sadly we haven't had time to get in pool yet this season. Will this coming week. For our cya FC should be 4.5 I have rj set at lowest 5% and cannot get chlorine to come down. I just shut it off. Is the any way to manually lower it below 5%

I believe 5% is the lowest setting. Do not run the pump 24/7 that will reduce generation too.

Hard to believe your pool consumes less than 0.6ppm of FC per day. That pool cover does a great job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.