Are there any Intex Prism owners out there?

mac.dblues

Jul 29, 2013
Arkadelphia, AR
We have an older Intex Ultraframe 20 X 52 that is in need of a new liner. I am looking for some one to do some measurements on an Intex Prism pool that is between an 18 foot and a 24 foot round pool. Intex doesn't have the Ultraframe liner for our pool but they do have 20 x 52 Prism liners available. My research shows the legs and the top beams and vertical legs to be the same on the 18 through 24 foot Prism pools. I just need to figure out if the Prism liner will fit on our Ultraframe frame. I would prefer to spend $250 on a liner instead of $1000 for a new pool since we are hard plumbed and don't need any equipment with it.

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I believe it should be the same if u have the round pipes - i feel like the slots where the top rails go are generous when the pool is empty.
Perhaps you could order it, try putting a top rail through, measure all the connecting points & return it if it doesn’t seem it will fit.

another affordable option is a regular above ground overlap liner on top of your existing liner so long as it doesn’t have any rips/tears. It’s not the most beautiful setup but it can be made to look ok with special clips around the top rail.
There are several YouTube videos showing it done.

mac.dblues

Jul 29, 2013
Arkadelphia, AR
I am thinking the same. Our pipes aren't round though. It's part of what makes the Ultraframe stronger. They are flat on top and rounded on the bottom. I would feel guilty returning a liner that I ordered knowing it wasn't the correct one for my pool. Tha's why I am hoping someone here can give me some measurements of their Prism frame pool. I looked into the overlap liner but 20 foot isn't a standard size and the company I contacted about one told me they weren't doing custom sizes at this time.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread