Are my numbers OK or should I adjust them?

triplets&quads

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2008
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I am a new member to this forum and to the BBB and SWG. I have a 15,300 gal ABG with a new liner and new water and I am using the TF100 Kit. Here are my numbers:

Yesterday's Numbers

FC 3.5
CC 0
TC 3.5
PH 7.2
TA 100
CYA 70

Today's Numbers

FC 5
CC .5
TC 5.5
PH 7.5
TA 110
CYA 70

My SWG was running at 40% for 10 hours. I just realized today I had the timer set wrong, so that has been corrected. There has been a steady rain today. Do I need to adjust anything besides my SWG? and what causes CC?

Your numbers look fairly good. You probably want to allow TA to fall to the 60 to 80 range. That will slow the rate of PH increase.

CC is formed when chlorine has partially broken down some organic contaminate. Eventually with continued reasonable chlorine levels it will break down further and go away. CC at 0.5 or lower is not normally a problem.

Thank you Jason!

I have been using your poolcalculator to balance my pool and it was a great help! I am not going back to the pool store. I did that for 10 years and I have had to replace my liner twice already. I hope this new one will last a long time with the help of this forum. Thank you for replying, Nancy

CC stands for combined chlorine. Free (available) chlorine + combined (used) chlorine = total chlorine.

The fact that you got a CC reading may well be due to the rain which can carry all sorts of contaminants and dump them into our pools. In rural Pennsylvania right now it's fertilizer and dust from tilling and planting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.