Aquarite SWG not powering on after salt cell replacement

Mbullen64

May 30, 2021
Clermont fl
Our Aquarite SWG has been powered down for about a year waiting for me to replace the cell. During this time the pool has been chlorinated manually.

I put the replacement cell in started the pool, powered up the SWG in the Auto position, and nothing. Pool is running fine, SWG is not showing and sign of power. Have removed the cover looked for carbon black. The only thing I can see is that there is some very light corrosion on the contacts for the power switch. I flipped it on and off several times to clean it off, still nothing.

Thoughts?

First thing to check is any breakers. At the main panel and subpanel (if you have one).

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the wires feeding power to the salt control box and verify it has power.

If there is power to the box maybe it's something in the box. I do remember there being a common problem with those control boxes but I can't quite recall it. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of those SWCGs can chime in?

Reactions: Mbullen64
First thing to check is any breakers. At the main panel and subpanel (if you have one).

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the wires feeding power to the salt control box and verify it has power.

If there is power to the box maybe it's something in the box. I do remember there being a common problem with those control boxes but I can't quite recall it. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of those SWCGs can chime in?
Lesson learned about my particular system. The filter pump is on its own power. The heater and chlorinator are going through an international analog timer. This whole setup is a constant challenge.

Lesson learned about my particular system. The filter pump is on its own power. The heater and chlorinator are going through an analog timer. This whole setup is a constant challenge. I moved the switch to manual and we are in business.

I am learning about this system as I go. To think I used to care for all the filtration systems at Adventure Island 30 yrs ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.