Aquarite Salt Level continually drops

Jun 4, 2009
I have recalibrated my cell at least 4 times. I set it and the next day it continually drops so low that it shuts off and the lights are blinking. I used test strips and they state 3000 ppm and I had the water tested and it showed 3100 ppm. Any ideas as to what is going on.

The cell is 10 years old. I have a timer on pump and and a separate timer on aqua rite. The aqua rite turns on an hour after pump and shuts down an hour before pump turns off.

With the unit on auto. Here is what I get when I push diagnostics

99P
AL-1
r-1.40

Your cell was manufactured in January 2009 and had a 3 year warranty. Time for a new cell. It gave you good service.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yup.. that was the funkyness that was happening to my cell before I realized the cell was going bad I kept adding salt.. then realized I had too much. I also had inconsistent FC readings but didn't put the two together until later. I got 9.5 yrs out of mine. avg lifespan is about 5. anything after that is gravy. I switched to good Ole chlorine and waited out the end of season sales for a good price on another TCell15. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.