Aquapure 1400 suddenly shows low salt but it isn't?

Tholius

Aug 8, 2020
Phoenix
I have a large pool (60,000+ gallons) and installed a pair of APure 1400s about 15 years ago, and have maintained them since. They have been largely trouble free other than cell replacement and cleaning. We recently went on a trip for a couple weeks and before I left I checked and everything was healthy. Upon my return, both generators were indicating low salt (1.2-1.3) and no other error codes. I checked the pool salt with both a test strip and at a pool store with a more sophisticated tester and both indicated salt was about 3.5. I took the sensors out and cleaned them, but it made no difference. I tried recalibrating the salinity but at max it was still below 3.5 so I am guessing that a lightning strike or something took out both front boards? The cells and sensors are relatively new (about a year or so). Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I am going to troubleshoot the front boards next....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.