Aquanaut stopping more and more frequently

jnojr

Silver Supporter
Dec 18, 2018
Chandler, AZ
For most of two years, my Aquanaut has happily wandered around the pool, sucking up leaves and debris. Once or twice I had to open it up to remove a pebble or twig.

Recently, though, it seems like every time I look at it, it's sitting still. Sometimes raising it up off of the pool floor and dropping it will get it going. Today, I opened it up and removed a handful of leaves, checked all of the vanes, ensured that the gears all turn, etc. Dropped it in the pool, came back... and it's sitting still again. Picked it up and drop it, it starts moving.

It seems like maybe some gizmo is worn? I can't find any mention of a part replacement that would cure this behavior. My pool is not especially leafy this winter... it's actually less leafy since I had a couple of trees removed a few months ago!

When was the last time your cleaned your cartridge filter? Is your VSF pump set to maintain a Flow rate or Speed (RPM)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.