Aqualink PDA and aquapure 1400 not showing percent in spa mode

NOTE The AquaLink RS control system must be in pool mode to change the pool chlorine production rate setting; and it must be in spa mode to change the spa chlorine production rate setting. Use the valve select button to switch between the two modes. The system must be cycled through SERVICE, TIME OUT, then back to AUTO to accept the Pool Setting versus the Spa Setting.

yes, I set it in service mode last night but and left it for a bit, it showed the percentage on there, but didn't appear to make any chlorine based on my unscientific assumption that after an hour, my 600 gallon spa would be swimming with chlorine. I have called Jandy in the past and the answer is always call and authorized dealer :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yes, I set it in service mode last night but and left it for a bit, it showed the percentage on there, but didn't appear to make any chlorine based on my unscientific assumption that after an hour, my 600 gallon spa would be swimming with chlorine. I have called Jandy in the past and the answer is always call and authorized dealer :(

What percent did you run it at for an hour?

Assuming you have the 700 series which produces 10 oz of chlorine gas per 24 hours running at 100%.

10/24=.42oz per hour chlorine production (at 100%)
.42 should add 5 parts chlorine to your 600 gallon spa in a hour assuming the bodies of water (pool and spa) are isolated. Less if not.

Did you do a before/after chlorine test?

Sorry I am not more help I don't have a spa on my system.

Its actually a 1400 series. It was just the water flowing through the spa. Test was already at around 5, relatively bright yellow so it should have started to turn orange/red, but it stayed yellow.

Realistically, you need a FAS/DPD drop test kit to accurately measure chlorine level above 3 or 4. I suggest the TF-100 Taylor Kit. It is the gold standard of test kits. If your water goes through your spa and through the overflow into the pool and back around to the spa, I doubt you'd see any increase in chlorine running it an hour. In your entire 8000 gallons your chlorine would increase less than 1 part with the 1400 series running at 100% for an hour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.