Aqualink JS4 Spa spill over

johnoryckman

Apr 15, 2020
Marco Island, FL
Just bought a house with a JS4. It's constantly spilling over from the spa. Although I don't care for the noise, what concerns me most is evaporation. Seems like we are always adding to this pool. I have gone in the pool when pump not running and checked for water leaks and have found nothing. I researched how all this works and I ended up turning on dip switch 3 to enable pool spill over feature. what was set up was spill over was actually off, but the had the valve set to not close completely. So I set it up properly to turn spill over off and on. Problem is is if spill over is turned off, there is no circulation in the spa. I would have thought those two would be running independent of each other. So I can't leave spill over off all the time. Next I look into turning spill over on and off automatically each day so water circulates in the spa. No such luck there. Am I missing something? Right now we spend our time split between Florida and up north and I want something automated. Best case scenario is the ability to turn on and off the spill over during the time the pool is running.

thanks

John,

Sorry I am not a Jandy guy, and don't know the specific of how to set up your automation, but I do know that you can schedule the Spillover mode on your system.. This will turn your valves to suck water from the pool and send it all to the spa.. We recommend doing this about an hour a day.. Some do this for half an hour in the morning and another half an hour in the evening. Whatever it takes to keep your spa water fresh and chlorinated.

Let's see if we can get one of our Jandy guy to look at this thread.

Thanks,

Jim R.,

I don't think I will be much help but can you post some pictures of your setup? Both the equipment pad and the pool/spa? Are you able to access you iAqualink remotely? You can add the spillover/spa to the scheduler. Go to the below screen on your automation.

1586965302628.png
1586965310602.png

You have the All Button control panel?

AUX3 turns your spillover on and off. Press AUX3 and it should say SPILLOVER ON.

Program AUX3 to go on twice a day at 9AM and 1PM and run for 15 to 30 minutes.

You know how to set a Program in an AUX?

Thanks, had to take off cover panel and flip dipswitch 3 and then aux3 now controls spillover. once that was activated I could program the little rascal. Also had to take the cover off the valve so it would completely turn off when off and then had it about 3/4 open when on. I run it for 20 minutes in the morning and that's it. I will keep an eye on it to make sure I am getting enough water turnover. I only run my filter for 2 hours a day. Being in florida with a cage over the pool it does fine. They run it longer on the day the pool guy comes and they dump liquid chlorine in.

thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.