AquaLink Extra AUX / Spare Relay?

Dec 7, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I am a pool automation virgin but, being retired and a geek, I have just installed a new Jandy Aqualink RS (PureLink) system to replace the antique system on the pool in my recently purchased home in Arizona.

I've got all the basic stuff working: pool and spa modes, heating, pool and spa lights, spa air blower, pool cleaner, etc. But the Aqualink combo has only four valve actuator relays: suction, return, cleaner and solar. I have been using the solar JVA slot to switch my spa from "return" to "jets". But I am installing real solar heating next week and will have to give up that slot. I have just purchased a special Jandy relay that creates an additional JVA slot using an AUX relay. Unfortunately all of my eight AUX positions are taken up by pumps, pump speeds, blowers, lights, etc. I keep seeing references to an "extra aux" feature but cannot find it in any of the documentation. Does it exist and can I use it to drive my "extra" JVA?

And what is the "spare" relay position on the control board next to the solar pump and electronic heating sockets. Could it be used to drive my extra JVA?..

Thanks for any advice!

Next step: salt!

Welcome to TFP!

From what I see in the manual, extra aux is assigned to control a solar booster pump any time solar heating is enabled. It can perform other functions when solar is disabled, but is limited to solar when solar is enabled.

You mentioned relays taken up for pump speeds. Are you changing the pump speeds for things like spa, cleaner, heater? Or are they for things like water features? Depending on your revision, you may be able to assign speeds to the different functions (spa, cleaner, heater, etc.) freeing up relays for other things.

I don't really understand what you are using all the valve actuators for. I have 3 on my system. One for suction and one for return. Thats all you should need to switch the pool and spa mode. I use another valve actuator to switch on my laminars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.