Aqualink-compatible VS pumps - alternative to 011056?

MaxSmart

Jun 1, 2019
Windermere, FL
I did a whole lot of research and was going up upgrade my Aqualink to a iAqualink v3, and get a 011056 Pentair VSF pump which is apparently compatible with it.
But, my installer has told me that his supplier says that Pentair's factory is shut down and that they can't get the 011056 or other Pentair pumps for 6 months (!).

First, why can't I find any news stories about this? He's not getting any money until he delivers & installs the pump, so can't imagine they'd lie to me?

But more importantly - what are my alternatives? I have a 2HP single-speed Super II pump (with the unfixable leak issue) so need a >2HP pump, as I have rooftop solar tubes, DE filter, and a suction-side pool cleaner.
To save energy, I'll need it to turn down the speed when the rooftop solar goes off (right now it bypasses the panels when they aren't hot enough to heat the water, but the pump stays at its single speed).

What other pumps can be controlled natively by the Aqualink (without rigging up additional relays, etc)?
The other Pentairs (011028 / 011057)? (seems like they are available from other places?)
Other manufacturers?
Really appreciate a recommendation!

Jandy has a few 2.7 HP VS pumps that will work better with an Aqualink system.

Reactions: MaxSmart
Jandy has a few 2.7 HP VS pumps that will work better with an Aqualink system.

Thanks Allen!
Do you know anything about the different pumps Jandy has?
I can't find a comparison showing differences between the multiple VS 2.7HP pumps they are showing on website (all as "New!"):
VSFHP270DV2A (VS FloPro)
VSSHP270DV2A (ePump)
VSSHP270AUT (ePump)
JEP2.0SVRS (ePump)
VSPHP270DV2A (VS PlusHP)

A few things differentiate the Jandy pumps.

- Does it have a control panel?
- Dual voltage or 240V
- Integrated aux relays

I would not get a pump without its own control panel. Pumps Running on 240 volts are more powerful at max speed then 120 volts. If you get automation then the pump aux relays don’t matter. But for a simple pool the aux relays can replace automation.

• VS FloPro 0.85 HP 115V
  • VS FloPro 1.65 HP 230V
  • VS FloPro 1.85 HP 115V/230V with 2 Aux Relays
  • VS FloPro 2.7 HP 115V/230V with 2 Aux Relays
  • VS PlusHP 2.7 HP 115V/230V with 2 Aux Relays
  • VS ePump 2.2 HP 230V with 1 Aux Relay
  • VS ePump 2.7 HP 230V with 1 Aux Relay

Reactions: MaxSmart
A few things differentiate the Jandy pumps.

- Does it have a control panel?
- Dual voltage or 240V
- Integrated aux relays

I would not get a pump without its own control panel. Pumps Running on 240 volts are more powerful at max speed then 120 volts. If you get automation then the pump aux relays don’t matter. But for a simple pool the aux relays can replace automation.

• VS FloPro 0.85 HP 115V
  • VS FloPro 1.65 HP 230V
  • VS FloPro 1.85 HP 115V/230V with 2 Aux Relays
  • VS FloPro 2.7 HP 115V/230V with 2 Aux Relays
  • VS PlusHP 2.7 HP 115V/230V with 2 Aux Relays
  • VS ePump 2.2 HP 230V with 1 Aux Relay
  • VS ePump 2.7 HP 230V with 1 Aux Relay
Thanks!

What are the aux relays? For hooking up JVAs to shut off rooftop solar/pool cleaner/etc when it's in low RPM mode?

So, if
* I don't need a control panel (plan on hooking up to aqualink control panel)
* I have 240v service
* I am interested in the added safety of SVRS, if possible (was told I don't need it because the pool drain had been updated already)

Which model(s) has that? From the other posts on here I'm gathering that's the ePump line, is that correct?

Thanks!

What are the aux relays? For hooking up JVAs to shut off rooftop solar/pool cleaner/etc when it's in low RPM mode?

Aux relays are to control power to devices like a SWG or cleaner.

So, if
* I don't need a control panel (plan on hooking up to aqualink control panel)

You will need a pump control panel when your pump does not start and you can’t figure out if the problem is with the Aqualink or pump. Or if the Aqualink fails the pump control panel let’s you run your pool until your get it fixed.
* I have 240v service

Then any of the pumps will do.

* I am interested in the added safety of SVRS, if possible (was told I don't need it because the pool drain had been updated already)

You don’t want SVRS in a pump. They are too sensitive and will shutdown your system with false trips.
Which model(s) has that? From the other posts on here I'm gathering that's the ePump line, is that correct?
Any of the pumps will work.

If you wish to install a SVRS, try the Vacless. Easiest install, right into the drain port on the pump pot. Almost no maintenance. Usually no adjustments are needed.
No SVRS device/system is inexpensive since they were mandated on commercial pools by the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act-2008 went into effect and has been updated regularly. Split drains and channel drains with the proper sump and proper "unblockable" covers allow pools to not have to install these items.

I have the same issue - want to upgrade my single speed hayward pump to VS pump and have an old Aqualink RS automation system. I need the iq30 upgrade kit but the big issue is availability of the Pentair pumps.
So Jandy ePump seems to be the only option right now. So that would be either the 2.2HP one or the 2.7HP one (VSSHP270AUT). It seems that the Jandy pumps are not available online and they are more expensive than the Pentair ones.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.