Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi All, just got an Aquacal Heat pump.
Is it normal for it to pool water around it?
I understand it condensates but it seems like there's a steady stream from one of the holes.

It does not seem to have a stream of water when it's off.

Help.....and Thank you

Welcome to TFP :)

That looks like a leak and not condensation.. I would get with Aquacall and send the video link to them.. That sure looks like one of the inside fittings...

Do you have a bypass built into your heat pump? If not you really should have one done for cases like this... if you have to get a new one or troubleshoot you could do it with the pump running :)

I'm contacting the pool company that installed it again. Attached is a picture of the heater....is the white tube a bypass?

Attachments

• 20210806_103258.jpg
    20210806_103258.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 18
Kind of. it is a pressure bypass.. When the pressure gets over what the spring inside is set to it opens and lets some water go around the heater... You want a Jandy neverlube 3 way bypass with a check valve on the exit side... That way you can have the pump run while the heater gets worked on.. now you have to shut everything off... Ask the pool company to install one so this does not happen again or you can for way cheaper :)

I have that heater and I'll see a puddle on the pad after it has ran, but not a steady stream. Now, I'm only going from 82 to 83 degrees, as I have it set at 83. I only runs an hour or two. Overnight, I haven't seen it drop below 82 this season.

Update, I reached out to Aquacal and they sent me this link.

I did the dip test and the values were different.
I guess it's normal....seems a lot of water for "normal."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.