Aqua Rite-turns off after few seconds of generating

The super chlorinate had been on, but for longer than 24 hours. Then it reverts to your auto setting, right? When it isn’t actively generating, the amperage should show zero??

Correct. Super chlorinate is a fancy term for 100% for 24 hours. Then it resets to the normal % cycle.

Reactions: Jana616
Software revision 1.40 uses a 120 minute cycle. At 30%, it will generate for 36 minutes and then off for 84 minutes.

The amps and instant salinity will be zero during the off time.

The power will reverse and a new cycle will begin.

The Generating light will be on the entire time, even when not actually generating.

Thank you!! I’m going to assume that’s what was going on, and then when I switched it back to auto it kicked off a whole new generating portion (and the coincidence of me pushing it on it was just that, a coincidence!). Phew!!

Reactions: JamesW
If you look very closely at the third image you posted you can see that the MOV (large black disc in the upper right portion of the image) has a crack in it. This will cause the entire Aquarite system to operate intermittently if at all. You can either replace the MOV yourself or you can replace the entire board.

The purpose of the MOV is to limit in-rush current (think surge suppressor). If you gently pry at that crack you will see the device will pretty much fall apart.

If you look very closely at the third image you posted you can see that the MOV (large black disc in the upper right portion of the image) has a crack in it. This will cause the entire Aquarite system to operate intermittently if at all. You can either replace the MOV yourself or you can replace the entire board.

The purpose of the MOV is to limit in-rush current (think surge suppressor). If you gently pry at that crack you will see the device will pretty much fall apart.
They replaced the part and it fixed the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.