Aqua Rite system (2009) Jumper location to change from t-5 to t-15 cell.

Matt Pozza

Jul 30, 2020
Ottawa, On
I am pretty sure my older version aquarite system is set for a t-5 and I am using a t-15. My salt readings are displaying 4800 when actual is 2900. It occasionally locks out for false high salt. The problem is I can not locate the j4 jumper on the PCB. Can someone please direct me? Photo of my board attached The unit is a G1-939013a. Firmware is v1.45. “Goldline controls 2009” printed on the board. I would be most grateful for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Pozza

Jul 30, 2020
Ottawa, On
Hi,
I’ve been trying to troubleshoot my Aqua Rite G1-939013a with version 1.45 firmware. I am using it with Hayward t-15 cell. It is showing very high false salt readings(4800 reading, 2800 tested at pool store) . I’ve swapped out the cell with my neighbours t-15 and it behaves the same. I suspect the board is set for a T-5 cell thus the false high readings but I cannot find the j4 jumper I read about on another thread that sets the cell type. I have attached a photo of my board. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
What are all of the diagnostic readings?

Pull off the display board and show a picture of the main board.

Matt Pozza

Jul 30, 2020
Ottawa, On
Water temp 84
4800 salt
24.4v with 5.35 amps to cell
al-0
Set at 23 percent
R1.45

there is no option for T-cell setting with this firmware.

I will pull the display board off tomorrow. Thanks!

Reactions: JamesW

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Ok, you should be able to see the jumper on the main board.

What is the model number of the box from the front door by the barcode?

Matt Pozza

Jul 30, 2020
Ottawa, On
The rain finally stopped this morning and I pulled off the display ( I did not realize it was so easy). I found J4 but there is no jumper or pins... just solder points (see photo). I have soldered PCB previously but I just wanted to confirm I should jump these pins to set the board to T-15. I assume I should use a wire as opposed to glob of solder?

model number by the barcode is AQ RITE CUL

Attachments

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure that connecting the pins on J4 will set it to T15.

You can use a wire or just a glob of solder if it touches both pins.

Note: Do at your own risk.

Matt Pozza

Jul 30, 2020
Ottawa, On
Fixed! I just soldered the pins together. Tip: Have a decent voltmeter handy and measure the resistance of your solder using the pins at the opposite side of the board as your solder. My first try I had 12 mOhms of resistance and the system still operated in T-5 mode. On my second attempt I made sure I put adequate heat to the pins for a good solder and had 0.4mOhms resistance and the system now accurately displays the salt level! Thanks!

Reactions: JamesW

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Good job.

:goodjob:

I would think that the resistance should be about zero if the pins are directly soldered together.