shijithomas

Aug 27, 2022
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am trying to connect Hayward Goldline Aqua connect home network (AQ-CO-HOMENET) to my Hayward eCommand4 panel
I was able do Aqua connect “teach wireless: successfully”,
I am NOT able to do a “range test”
But when I connect Aqua connect to LAN network; RF and Rx LEDs are lit and Tx will blink and “Link LED” will blink occasionally as expected
but when I open mypoolxxx[ or IP] on web browser, it shows the above blank page , ie only skeleton but no pool details
BTW when I try to add my pool device /MAC address at http://www.aquaconnectweb.com/RegisterUnit.aspx , it throws an error “The unit MAC Address entered was not found!, Please re-enter the MAC Address.”

When I contact the customer service, three agents suggested three different solutions
1. Change the ecommand4 panel (not easy, so this will be my last resort )
2. Advised to do port forwarding or port triggering on my existing router ( still searching for details what to change)
3. I have a mesh wifi network, so agent suggested to buy a separate router dedicated for Aqua connect: now I bought new cheap router (TL-WR940N), router has different options to set as 1.Wireless Router mode, 2.Access Point mode, and 3. Range Extender Mode. Now it is in router mode and I am getting same errors as before, any suggestion on new router setting?

Any help /response/ useful links are appreciated

Attachments

• Aqua Connect web page.JPG
    Aqua Connect web page.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 8
If you search reviews on Amazon for MAC address you'll see others with the issue. Might be worth looking at your firmware version.

Also see the AquaConnect Troubleshooting Guide as referenced in the post below. Try adding the device IP to the router DMZ too.

Last edited:
If you search reviews on Amazon for MAC address you'll see others with the issue. Might be worth looking at your firmware version.

Also see the AquaConnect Troubleshooting Guide as referenced in the post below. Try adding the device IP to the router DMZ too.

Thanks guinness for the response,
Amazon reviews shows that many have similar same issues with hayward, only one resolution I found was updating the eCommand4 software/ie replacing the panel

I am not sure if I am doing it correctly
>but I also tried to set the IP of ACHN as DMZ on the new router
>also port forwarded ACHN IP on the original mesh router
I will keep on trying somethings else..

In the Operation Manual for eCommand 4 (under Diagnostic Menu) you should be able to get your software versions.
Thanks for the response
My E-Command 4 main s/w is 2.93, Hayward customer agent didn’t point this as an issue
aquaconnect-troubleshooting-guide.pdf page-5 says that it should be min 2.90

BTW how to check the firmware version of AQ-CO-HOMENET
or update the firmware, do we need a COMM-USB cable? can we do any check or update with ethernet cable ?

Looks like there are few hayward customer support agents who know about these issues
but is very difficult to get hold those specific agents, need to resume to call them from Monday

What version does it show for RF Base Software on your eCommand? See Amazon comment Not for the IT challenged... for a working configuration.

Main Software Revision 2.93
Webster Firmware Rev 1.10 **this only appears after pairing with the Aqua Connect
Filter Bridge Software r3.11R
Filter VSC Software r1.21
RF Base Software r3.00 ID:11FD

Another idea, maybe try the Reteach all wireless units menu on the eCommand to use another channel. Do you have other wireless remotes?

This setting changes the channel to be used by the wireless base station and remote(s). If the channel is changed and confirmed, all of the wireless remotes will have to be retaught. This menu will only appear if a wireless base station is connected to the ECOMMAND 4.

Last edited:
What version does it show for RF Base Software on your eCommand? See Amazon comment Not for the IT challenged... for a working configuration.

Another idea, maybe try the Reteach all wireless units menu on the eCommand to use another channel. Do you have other wireless remotes?
My s/w versions are
Main Software Revision 2.93
Display software 3.12
Webster Firmware - not available
Filter Bridge Software r10.15
Filter VSC Software r0.70
RF Base Software r3.00 ID:6CEB

I am able to teach ecommand4 to another channel and also do a range test, but while adding the MAC address at AquaConnect Login
it throws error "The unit MAC Address entered was not found!"

Assuming that the RF light is solid, when you open mypoolxxx [or IP] on the web browser is it still blank?

ce044b5215502dd9f6acbc6f65f38e2e7846d835.jpeg

If it is then I think it's premature to try to register at aquaconnectweb.com as the local website should have info.

Also I assume this is a brand new unit, not a used unit that was pre-owned by someone else?

Assuming that the RF light is solid, when you open mypoolxxx [or IP] on the web browser is it still blank?

ce044b5215502dd9f6acbc6f65f38e2e7846d835.jpeg

If it is then I think it's premature to try to register at aquaconnectweb.com as the local website should have info.

Also I assume this is a brand new unit, not a used unit that was pre-owned by someone else?
RF and Rx solid, TX blinking continuously and Link occasionally
I am able to ping device and it shows blank page without any pool info as I posted in the first thread

Looks like you're using Chrome browser, can you open the developer console window? Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl Shift J (on Windows) or Ctrl Option J (on Mac). Are there any errors shown?

At least you can provide more information to Hayward when you call again. Maybe use the following form and include a link to this thread for context.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.