AQR15 Long run time = low salt

Uncle Flappy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Greetings! I am hoping to get some advice. I am dealing with a problem that started last season:

When the SWCG first starts in the day, the salt reading is fairly accurate; however, detected levels eventually drop over time causing a "Low Salt" error. I can remedy this by running the pump only one hour at a time but that is less than ideal. I've re-calibrated and the cell tested fine at the pool store yet the problem persists.

I may have made the original purchase on my Costco Visa which would extend Hayward's three-year warranty to five but they want a repair estimate.

How do you recommend I proceed? Is the problem on the board or cell?

Thanks for your help!

- Flappy

I am hoping to get some advice. I am dealing with a problem that started last season:
Have you added salt to the pool?
I did find your '17 thread and you mentioned a cell replacement with 1yr warranty.... is this the replacement cell doing the "same" thing?
What are the full water parameters (test results)?
What is your current t-1766 salt content result?

Just got back from the pool store. Tested the cell four times. It failed the first two but passed the second two. Took a photo of the failed test for Costco warranty purposes. Costco should honor the original 3-year warranty + 2 years. I bought the system in 2015.

K-1766 shows salt at 3400.

Diagnostics:
100%
AL-5
r 1.59
T-15

I'll bet a shiny new nickel that if I check the diagnostics again in an hour, the salt will be much lower.

Thanks for your help.

- Flappy

Reactions: splashpad
If the hump is up, try putting it down.

If the flow rate is low, try increasing it some.

Check salinity after running for a while to see if it drops over time. Then, turn off and back on to reverse polarity and see if the numbers are different.

Check for scale and clean if necessary.

The SWCG has been running for over an hour at 100%. Here are the readings:
100p

I toggled the off/auto switch and waited a few seconds until I heard the relay click. New readings:
100p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.