Appears the marcite is thinning

Coheed

Apr 14, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
I had my pool resurfaced in the spring of 2018, after taking the winter cover off and cleaning it up I noticed what appears to be thinning of the marcite. Pool chems updated today prior to posting. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

It is throughout the pool, spa was easiest to get picture of.
pool was full all winter, drained the spa to get photos.

DFEFD627-7226-4C5C-95BB-A36F89E74EC4.jpeg

Attachments

• 9725228D-5AEF-4F67-9773-C0DF033B36E1.jpeg
    9725228D-5AEF-4F67-9773-C0DF033B36E1.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0538DC50-5413-44C4-A868-E8F4965512E3.jpeg
    0538DC50-5413-44C4-A868-E8F4965512E3.jpeg
    551.2 KB · Views: 18
No CYA tests for 7 months and no FC for 19 days in your PM log. Can't comment on your water chemistry based on your PM log.

Your plaster looks a bit dirty and stained. I don't see any thinning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think your plaster is stained and colored by your water chemistry and the various pool store potions you have been using.

I don't think stain-out has the chemicals to lift copper. And I don't think you read the link I gave you before so here it is again...

Reactions: Coheed
I think your plaster is stained and colored by your water chemistry and the various pool store potions you have been using.

I don't think stain-out has the chemicals to lift copper. And I don't think you read the link I gave you before so here it is again...

Totally agree... been adding junk without knowing it. I see the link, I will try the stuff I ordered and see if it makes a difference. I’ll do some research on copper free ways to control FC and algae.

Totally agree... been adding junk without knowing it. I see the link, I will try the stuff I ordered and see if it makes a difference. I’ll do some research on copper free ways to control FC and algae.

You are not going about this the TFP way. We suggest you only add things to your pool that you know what chemicals they contain and the effect you expect. Pouring a bottle of unknown potion in and seeing what happens is what leads to the problems you now have.

The way to control algae is the proper level of chlorine and CYA. I suggest you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ...

You are not going about this the TFP way. We suggest you only add things to your pool that you know what chemicals they contain and the effect you expect. Pouring a bottle of unknown potion in and seeing what happens is what leads to the problems you now have.

The way to control algae is the proper level of chlorine and CYA. I suggest you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ...

So.... gonna knock out this copper stain, use the CULATOR and start using bleach to chlorinate. Balance CYA and FC. I got homework to do to know the way ahead toward a TFP!

Do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to confirm your pool has algae.

Then follow the SLAM Process step by step with no shortcuts to get algae free water..

Once your pool is algae free then maintaining the proper FC and CYA will keep it that way.

Reactions: Coheed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.