anyone with aquabright?

Koop1

Oct 19, 2019
Socal
Haven't heard much about it recently. Are there any new builds with AB? Are the owners who have had it installed for a few years still happy?

Considering the Kona Coast color. Any experiences with this color? Does it stay fairly uniform and clean looking over time, assuming the pool is well maintained? Does it look any different from standard white plaster?

Last edited:
Reactions: VegasOas-us
Thank you for the response. Seems like that member posted only a few months after having the finish installed. Considering this is a newish product, I'm looking to see if owners are still happy after several years. I've read some mixed things and recently started seeing some complaints pop up about the finish peeling, blistering, fading. Threads like this concern me a bit

Yes, there are mixed reviews on Aquabrite. It seems to depend on the installers skills. It is a labor intensive process and to do it right makes it tough for it to be profitable.

I believe @bdavis466 used to do Aquabrite installs and gave up on that business.

Yes, there are mixed reviews on Aquabrite. It seems to depend on the installers skills. It is a labor intensive process and to do it right makes it tough for it to be profitable.

I believe @bdavis466 used to do Aquabrite installs and gave up on that business.

My Aquabright business was bought from me and the company that took it over is doing better than I would have had I continued. I still feel it's an excellent product but it requires a very good installer.

There are some clowns out there giving the product a bad name either by install or by taking on jobs that shouldn't have been candidates to begin with anyway. Conversely, there are many installers that can't keep up with the demand due to the success of their installs.

I had one call back on a pool that was 3 years old but it was pretty minor and was the result of trying to learn how to put a stencil in a pool.

Yes, Kona Coast is similar to white plaster. You might also look at California White.

I don't really care for the lighter colors. Blue granite would be my pick on the lighter end of the spectrum.

I got Aquabright 3 years ago and so far it has been great. The top step had a little bit of peeling because of an emblem underneath it from the pool builder. But it did stop peeling and now I can't tell any difference.
Is your pool a new build or a renovation?

Reactions: Theycallmesunny
Thank you! My pool is a new build. I like all the benefits of aquabright, but little concerned about long term performance. Considering there are very few installers in my area, I'm not sure if they will be around in 5-10 years if the finish needs to be repaired. Also, in a worst case scenario, can the entire finish be easily chipped out and replaced if needed in the future?

Thank you! My pool is a new build. I like all the benefits of aquabright, but little concerned about long term performance. Considering there are very few installers in my area, I'm not sure if they will be around in 5-10 years if the finish needs to be repaired. Also, in a worst case scenario, can the entire finish be easily chipped out and replaced if needed in the future?
Sandblasting might get it off but it would probably be less to chip out the entire surface.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.