Anyone used Menard's Spash Pool Shock Liquid Chlorinator?

Lacey

Jul 2, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
Has anyone ever used Menard's Splash pool shock liquid chlorinator? I can't read the other ingredients from the picture online. I BELIEVE it says 12.5% sodium hypochlorite and the rest possibly other (undisclosed) ingredients? They currently have it on sale 1 gallon BOGO free for $3.99. I believe it's just 12.5% bleach, but I want to make sure I'm not adding other junk to my pool and spa. Thank in advance for any direction!

Excellent! We just bought 30 of them. Any idea how to decipher the date code? I already read the how to read date codes link on TFP with no luck for the menard's bleach. We will be storing it in our basement, so hopefully it lasts through the season...

First 2 digits represent the year... next 3 digits represent the day of the year. Ex. 19 033 would be 33rd day of 2019 or February 2, 2019. I'm pretty sure that's how it was on the jugs, I'll have to look tomorrow, but I do know my Menards just got their shipment in about 2 weeks ago (I was watching their website for stock amounts) and the cases were marked, I didn't look at the jugs. Each case I grabbed was either 99th or 100th day of 19.
I keep mine in the garage and haven't had any issues with it degrading.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.