Anyone use both a hand leaf rake and a robot

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
The house we bought came with a Letro Legend and for the most part I really like it. Several people at work just use a Commercial Grade Leaf Bagger from Leslies. My wife hates when the pressure robot keeps bumping into you so I was thinking about switching. I already have the booster pump to run this instead of using the garden hose.

Am I crazy for thinking of switching so I ask your advice for those that have used both. One thing I don't like about the Legend is the hose twists itself limiting the range and tilting the unit sideways sometimes. There are two swivels in the hose but the floats seem to catch on the first twist.

Hmmm...I love my Legend (Platinum), it cuts WAY back on brushing and skimming time with us. It could be that your hose isn't sized right, or doesn't have enough couplers/swivels. You may want to get a local PB to look at it. We had ours professionally done, and they sized it just right so that it hits every corner of the pool, but doesn't tangle up hardly at all, it makes a difference, I think. Also, instead of getting into the pool when it's running, you may want to just run it for an hour or so every morning or evening, then remove it. We run our booster and Legend in the a.m. alot of times, then when the wife & kids are ready to get in the pool, they remove it and set it aside for the next day. An hour or so should be all the time it needs, usually. Happy swimming!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.