Anyone Own a Dog That Loves to Swim?

mikech

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2014
Seminole, FL
+1 for skimmer socks. I also have a vortex leaf catcher on my cleaner which catches all the hair that's sunk to the bottom.

First pic - Branston my chocolate lab active in our previous pool (rented house)
attachment.php

And a more leisurely swim out to the steps at our current (own) house. He's going blind at 3 1/2 (retinal atrophy), but doesn't stop him jumping in and swimming!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 112

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Awesome pics! Love the jumping in and the kid's face!

I am glad you are in your own house so he can be in his place and will know his way around.

Kim

fatboy1271

LifeTime Supporter
Wish our Rhodesian Ridgeback/American Stafford would go in the pool. He's such a baby :) He'll run around the edge of the pool all day long but if anyone is in it, he won't come inside the gate!

If I take him in the first thing I will do is show him the stairs. That's actually one of my biggest fears: being at work and watching Geno in the pool not knowing how to get out... Ok, no more sad thoughts and maybe I should teach him that regardless of him not wanting to swim.

I hadn't heard of skimmer socks, so thanks to all that suggested them and I will be ordering some.

Thanks for the pictures and the video!!!

NeedMoreSun

LifeTime Supporter
LOL, I've got a friend with a lab that won't get in the water. The crazy man actually got caught by his wife playing a video of my dog to HIS dog and explaining that it's what labs are supposed to do. Ok, weird friends, but it suits me, lol.

txnole

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2014
Amelia Island, FL
Rather than socks, these hairnets are fantastic. Someone from TFP turned me on to these and I love em. They go for about $8/case at Amazon

3M Disposable Hair Net 407, Spunbond Polypropylene, Universal, White (Case of 100)

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Wish our Rhodesian Ridgeback/American Stafford would go in the pool. He's such a baby :) He'll run around the edge of the pool all day long but if anyone is in it, he won't come inside the gate!

I would love to see a picture of your dog. I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Plott Hound myself.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.