Anyone know about this ZeoSand? I'm intrigued and about to buy a sand filter.

kcinnick

Mar 22, 2017
COLTON, CA
Hey I recently purchased my family's first above the ground pool. 20'x52" round from Intex. After last summer's realization to the fact the the filter that comes with this 10,000gal monster is a cruel joke. So this year I am buying a sand filter and a vacuum. Well everyone says something different: #20 pool grade silica sand- no regular sand works the same, then you got 50lbs for $30 or $10 but it only says pool filter sand. So then I read about filter glass and ZeoSand. Anyone have feedback? Thanks

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
Hey I recently purchased my family's first above the ground pool. 20'x52" round from Intex. After last summer's realization to the fact the the filter that comes with this 10,000gal monster is a cruel joke. So this year I am buying a sand filter and a vacuum. Well everyone says something different: #20 pool grade silica sand- no regular sand works the same, then you got 50lbs for $30 or $10 but it only says pool filter sand. So then I read about filter glass and ZeoSand. Anyone have feedback? Thanks
Welcome!

The filter will use #20 pool grade silica sand. Stay away from all-purpose sand, play-sand, etc. Have a read here about how all sand is not the same:
https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/103421-My-findings-on-how-not-all-sand-is-created-equal

I use the HTH pool filter sand, and have no issues with it at all. My pool is crystal clear. I got the sand from my local ACE Hardware (right now it's $13/50lbs).
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11683357

There is nothing wrong with #20 silica sand. If you follow TFP guidelines the sand will last the lifetime of the system.

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Welcome to TFP!

Yes, #20 silica is the right stuff. There are more negative reviews than positive about ZeoSand around here. Type ZeoSand in the upper right search box there are a lot of threads about it.

Other Threads of Interest