Anyone in the Round Rock, Texas area with Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen

Campbell Farms

Nov 8, 2019
Austin, Texas
Our pool build is underway, and now I get to choose all the finishes. We love darker pools, and from looking at pictures online, we like Ocean Blue. With it being such a huge decision, we'd love to see the color in person. Anyone live in Central Texas, and wouldn't mind us taking a look at your Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen?

Thanks! --Trisha

Campbell Farms

Nov 8, 2019
Austin, Texas
The temp of the water is a concern, but I'm hoping a few things about ours will mitigate that. We have lots of trees for shade, and it's a larger pool,... 51' x 26' x 8' deep. I've been told those things can help keep it cooler. What's your opinion?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Shade will help -- but trees are a real pain around pools. Be sure you are going to want to keep them. Or plan to install an autocover. That will reduce tree debris.

Depth helps some but not much in warm, high UV areas. We have friends in Granbury TX with a dark pool. It is 90++F in the summer.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I want to also let you know that a darker plaster is harder to "finish" right. It really depends on the crews skills and care. .The most common problem is mollting. Do a search ( use the G button for the best search) to see some of the different problems.

I also have a link to help you get the best plaster job possible: Plaster Installation and Maintenance - Further Reading

I hope this is helpful!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Locotl