Anyone having issues typing on mobile device?

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Idk if it's me but om my phone lately everytime I miss spell amd press delete to go back it shuts off my typing pop up screen. Never did this before amd it's fine on another forum with same software.

Reactions: Newdude

BMK

Bronze Supporter
Mar 29, 2016
SW PA
Same here. As soon as i hit backspace to correct spelling or edit, it lose the ability to finish the post. I am using a samsung fwiw.

Reactions: Leebo

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
I don’t have this problem. Clearly because I’m perfect and never make a mistake, so I don’t have to backspace at all. Either that or because I use iOS. But I’m pretty sure it’s the first one;)

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Clearly because I’m perfect and never make a mistake, so I don’t have to backspace at all.
Mine is my dang dude hands that aren’t small key friendly. So it’s killing me twice as hard to have to use the even smaller phone keyboard because at least I can edit it when the finger hits 3 keys at once. And dont even get me started on trucking auto correct !!!!

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
I ask concerning Samsung as it appears it's a browser issue that's mostly hitting Samsung devices. I was able to recreate it using an old S5 I've got which sent me searching Xenforo's website for more details. Turns out they were able to pinpoint the issue further as it's an issue that's hitting multiple programs.

It's marked as Closed (fixed) in Chromium so hopefully in their next update the issue will fix itself. As a "work-around" it looks like if you maybe click on the Gear icon in the editor it'll work fine, but you'll need to do many of the BB codes manually.

Reactions: Costas > DownUnder

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
If it was more than one letter I would long click, highlight and cut them. But it’s frustrating to do that just the same.