Anyone have small yard?

my4boys2002

Jun 26, 2007
MA
I'm trying to talk hubby into having a perm pool next year our yard is very small we could do a 12ft round, that would be our limit even with that the pool would be about 10-15 feet front the house, he's worried we wouldn't see a leak and will flood the house.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Can you post a pic of the placement? That would help visualize it.
You have a 15' now so why would it only accomodate a 12'? Just asking.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
Bama Rambler said:
Can you post a pic of the placement? That would help visualize it.
You have a 15' now so why would it only accomodate a 12'? Just asking.

May have something to do with the easement for installation of permanent structures. We have a 4' utility easement around our property lines.

my4boys2002

Jun 26, 2007
MA
Kids are vetoing idea also they want to keep the bigger pool so looks like we are ramaining an Intex family

Livinright

Jul 20, 2009
S. California
We are pretty land locked too and is why we got the Intex. It's great to simply put it away and get our yard back when the summer is over.

Quality114

May 26, 2010
Gilbertsville PA
I have a 12" steel pool 6 feet from the house. I was concerned about the water weight 6' from the basement wall but my ground is firm and I have had no problems. What is the possibility of a complete collapse of the pool wall, very unlikely. A leak is not going to flood the basement.
12 feet is a good size for my wife and me. We just float around in circles. You need a really big pool if you want to swim laps.