Anyone have experience with the Taylor SpeedStir?

john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I realize it isn't the best time to ask after I've already purchased one, but hey!!! Never hurts to get opinions... I guess 😂

I've heard varying opinions, from the build quality being insanely cheap, to people loving them and using them everyday as part of their testing process. I purchased one just to give it a try, as $30 seems low enough that I won't be angry if it's a total failure. Amazon also has a pretty good return policy, so that's going for me if it's as bad as some people make it out to be. Haha!

Anyone have experience with these. Likes..dislikes?

I stopped recommending them (robots and SWGs too) because it dawned on me that it was too cliché and didn’t carry the proper weight to it.

I now challenge the new user to simply go and try to take somebody’s away. They will have a MUCH better understanding of how awesome all 3 are if they go try.

To be fair, I also advise them to plan on fighting dirty because that’s what it will take. 😁

I use the speed-stir and the sample sizer. Since I bought a k2005, I had to buy the FAS-DPD upgrade kit. Then I had to buy two K1766 Salt Kits. Now I have four of the test cylinders. I bought a pack of magnetic pills from Amazon.

Couple of things: if you are using the sample sizer, the water flows over the sides. Have a dry cloth and dry the sample cylinder, or it rotates in the speed-stir. I can knock out the tests very quickly with 4 cylinders! Also, a pH meter makes much more sense than the color test.

Last edited:
I use the speed-stir and the sample sizer. Since I bought a k2005, I had to buy the FAS-DPD upgrade kit. Then I had to buy two K1766 Salt Kits. Now I have four of the test cylinders. I bought a pack of magnetic pills from Amazon.

Couple of things: if you are using the sample sizer, the water flows over the sizes. Have a dry cloth and dry the sample cylinder, or it rotates in the speed-stir. I can knock out the tests very quickly with 4 cylinders! Also, a pH meter makes much more sense than the color test.
Thanks for the tips...much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.