Anyone have experience with the Taylor SpeedStir?

john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I realize it isn't the best time to ask after I've already purchased one, but hey!!! Never hurts to get opinions... I guess 😂

I've heard varying opinions, from the build quality being insanely cheap, to people loving them and using them everyday as part of their testing process. I purchased one just to give it a try, as $30 seems low enough that I won't be angry if it's a total failure. Amazon also has a pretty good return policy, so that's going for me if it's as bad as some people make it out to be. Haha!

Anyone have experience with these. Likes..dislikes?

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40

john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
That's awesome! Looks like mine will be here in a couple days, so looking forward to trying it out. :thumleft:

john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Also, the linked SampleSizer sure looks handy. I'm using a syringe for now...which works pretty well too. Haha.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
I stopped recommending them (robots and SWGs too) because it dawned on me that it was too cliché and didn’t carry the proper weight to it.

I now challenge the new user to simply go and try to take somebody’s away. They will have a MUCH better understanding of how awesome all 3 are if they go try.

To be fair, I also advise them to plan on fighting dirty because that’s what it will take. 😁

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I use the speed-stir and the sample sizer. Since I bought a k2005, I had to buy the FAS-DPD upgrade kit. Then I had to buy two K1766 Salt Kits. Now I have four of the test cylinders. I bought a pack of magnetic pills from Amazon.

Couple of things: if you are using the sample sizer, the water flows over the sides. Have a dry cloth and dry the sample cylinder, or it rotates in the speed-stir. I can knock out the tests very quickly with 4 cylinders! Also, a pH meter makes much more sense than the color test.

Last edited:

john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I use the speed-stir and the sample sizer. Since I bought a k2005, I had to buy the FAS-DPD upgrade kit. Then I had to buy two K1766 Salt Kits. Now I have four of the test cylinders. I bought a pack of magnetic pills from Amazon.

Couple of things: if you are using the sample sizer, the water flows over the sizes. Have a dry cloth and dry the sample cylinder, or it rotates in the speed-stir. I can knock out the tests very quickly with 4 cylinders! Also, a pH meter makes much more sense than the color test.
Thanks for the tips...much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.