Anyone ever redo a pool to make it smaller

darthv

Jun 25, 2017
garden grove, ca
I have a large in ground pool which takes up most of my backyard. Honestly we would rather have more yard space as right now the pool is smack dab in the middle and there’s no room for anything else. Has anyone ever “remodeled” their pool to make it smaller or more aesthetically pleasing and does anyone know what the general cost is. Is it more or less than a new build.

Thanks

What kind of pool Is it ? Usually it would cost more than a pool from scratch and in some cases cannot be done with unsettled/ fresh soil.

What are you trying to do? Maybe a hard load bearing cover like this?

PS - I used to work in Garden Grove, small world.

You can change the shape in a gunite pool it's much less than a new build. Helps alot to stay within the existing shell space and go smaller that way not moving the pool over. Not sure of your layout but doing a remodel with smart planning of decking space can free up lots of room. I like to create outdoor spaces that are combination areas where using the pool ismt necessary to utilize the space

You can change the shape in a gunite pool it's much less than a new build. Helps alot to stay within the existing shell space and go smaller that way not moving the pool over. Not sure of your layout but doing a remodel with smart planning of decking space can free up lots of room. I like to create outdoor spaces that are combination areas where using the pool ismt necessary to utilize the space

If I may ask what’s the general cost to say cut a pool in half to concrete up the other half. Just want a range

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Post a pic of the current pools so we can see the finishes. The same exact pool mew can be 50k more to build with high end plaster amd expensive decking material.
Basically is all depends on what needs to be done plumbing wise and what you want it to look like. A simple concrete deck pool that you are ok with looking patched can be much cheaper than filling in an area with a deck makeover, with new coping and pavers or similar. Very wide range with finishes amd sqft size

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.