Anyone closed with a mesh cover and opened to crystal clear water?

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a really nice micro-mesh cover from In The Swim that I will be putting on (hopefully) tomorrow or Wednesday when I close my pool. To those who have mesh covers, do you open to clear water in the spring or is a mess inevitable? I brought my pool to SLAM level 3 days ago and waiting for it to drift down to 10ppm (half-SLAM) so I can add the Polyquat, run pump 24 hrs, and close.

Since I’m closing late (water temperature is below 45 degrees!!!) and will be opening super early, do you think I need to worry? Water is currently crystal clear and I have already brushed/vacuumed but there’s still very small dirt particles in certain areas. Any experiences and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• 8C44E3B7-8193-4081-9C52-8ECD6F0E3F9E.jpeg
    8C44E3B7-8193-4081-9C52-8ECD6F0E3F9E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
What my water looked like immediately after taking the cover off of it the year before last.
Last year it was the same, but I just drained it because I was putting up a new pool.

OrwhzwR.jpg

ovrQKgN.jpg

Reactions: thefloatqueen
For 7 seasons my water has been as clear as possible at opening. Any silt or dust that gets in is long settled at the bottom and easily vacuums clean with 2 passes. The first pass stirs some of it up so a second pass is needed, but it’s a good idea to start the season with a thorough cleaning anyway.

I get a lot of leaves and wind around the pool. I used a mesh cover for the first time last year. When I opened in the spring, it wasn't beautiful, but not bad. Nothing that a couple days of filtering and running the robot couldn't take care of. As you said, opening early is key to keeping algae from taking hold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.