Anyone a motorcycle rider?

Smokey
A taxi made an illegal U turn, but blame it most on me because i was distracted, i know the bike very well and could have braked or evaded if i had a few extra seconds. My tire gauges where not working and i was regularly looking down on the display to see if they came back alive. Few broken bones but i recovered fully.

GS are not for the long haul, i did put some bar extenders and was very comfortable. I always used my bags as a back rest, never cared for the boxes.

Felipe

Great pictures and stories everyone. Living in Texas has me spoiled. Even in the wintertime there is usually an opportunity to ride at least once or twice a month. The hill county is somewhere that I would love to spend more time in. Looking forward to maybe seeing some of y’all out there.
Thomas
Ps I’m the guy not on the Harley.

View attachment 94821
Nice Bike Thomas!!

Yep, can't wait for a little warmth and a good rain to get all the salt off the roads here. Was above 40 the other day, so got the battery back in and all ready to go. Was looking to land another project outside Chicago so I could ride without the cagers, but may not happen this time, we'll see. Oddly enough, the bike is sitting on part of the driveway I hope to tear up during this backyard transformation.

Somebody has a few dollars in their bike! I love those wheels. The chrome looks awesome with that paint too. I wanna take a guess and say that's a Softtail CVO. Looks like Screamin' Eagle heads. Sweet ride!

I got mine out this morning. It's sitting on the pool patio under roof...won't the wife be surprised :oops: Temps are going right back down into the 20's at night again and barely 40 for the highs.

Triumph man here, current ride is a 2017 Triumph Trophy SE for which i cannot find a photo.
Here's one of the previous Sprint ST fully loaded. we were 2 up on this for a 3 week 6000km (3700 mile) trip though i thing we did closer to 6500km
Fully Loaded by Phil Gartner, on Flickr
for the record that is a custom fibreglass lid on the topbox around 3x higher than the standard lid :)

Loaded for the road that's for sure. That trunk is huge! That's probably the biggest "tank" bag I've ever seen too.

And for the record, I'm not one of those "If it's not a Harley...blah, blah, blah types". If you're on two wheels, that's good enough for me (even trikes are ok :) )

Somebody has a few dollars in their bike! I love those wheels. The chrome looks awesome with that paint too. I wanna take a guess and say that's a Softtail CVO. Looks like Screamin' Eagle heads. Sweet ride!

I got mine out this morning. It's sitting on the pool patio under roof...won't the wife be surprised :oops: Temps are going right back down into the 20's at night again and barely 40 for the highs.

Yep, many a year saving. Wanted to get one and upgrade myself (paint, pipes, lights, etc), however with the travel and projects, I knew it would never come out of the garage once I started. So, was looking at the CVOs, liked this one as I ride it more stripped down then with all the fiberglass.

Great pictures and stories everyone. Living in Texas has me spoiled. Even in the wintertime there is usually an opportunity to ride at least once or twice a month. The hill county is somewhere that I would love to spend more time in. Looking forward to maybe seeing some of y’all out there.
Thomas
Ps I’m the guy not on the Harley.

Had two projects in Texas, just above Dallas. Managed to ride the whole year (spotty in Jan/Feb). But going home (to Chicago) on the weekends, kept me thinking it was warm out when I returned to Plano. Lots of open space, and yes, needed more time for the Hills and hope to return one day, great state to ride in. If however you have not gotten up to Colorado, I suggest a trip up there. You don't need to go all the way up, the southern part of the state is scenic enough from a mountains perspective.

Definitely a beautiful bike Chi Town. I know what you mean about the fiberglass stuff. I love my Street Bob. It just looks like a motorcycle should to me. But, as I mentioned before, a bagger is probably in my future. I'm NOT giving up my Bob though...but dang...a sweet CVO softail might make me trade it in.

Reactions: Chi Town
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.