Any way to replace the flow switch cable?


Active member
Apr 2, 2012
South east VA
Hello, I was wondering if there was any way to just replace the flow switch cable without buying a whole new flow switch as the cable just got cut? My cell is a hayward goldline...


Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
There have been a couple people that have spliced the cable, but I don't remember how it held up. Seems like if you did a good job splicing and insulating the cable it should work. There are also some pretty inexpensive place to get a new switch.


Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
The switch screws right out of the T-fitting, so it is easy enough to replace with no plumbing required. Just Google to find one ;)

But in the short term you could just splice it ... It just works on continuity, so even a really bad job like just wire nutting them together will work for awhile.