Any suggestions for a pump for a pool slide?

Household6

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We went the DIY route for a pool slide and converted a playground slide.

We got this fountain pump from Lowe’s to use to wet the slide, but there are two issues - 1) it falls about 18” short of being able to get the water from the pool up to the top of the slide. 2) It’s not very aesthetically pleasing hanging in the pool.

Is there a pump I could mount on the platform (or preferably on the under-side of it) that would have a tube going out one side that collects water from the pool and a tube coming out the other side that takes the water up (9 feet) to the top?

I guess it would be a non-submersible pump and need more than the .056 HP this one has? Is there a specific pump type or key word I need to be using in my search?

500-GPH Submersible Fountain Pump https://www.lowes.com/pd/smartpond-500-GPH-Submersible-Fountain-Pump/1000915754

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 32
That 120 volt electrical pump and cord in the pool would give me nightmares!

Is there a way to add something to your existing plumbing to get water up there? Or just use a garden hose for the time anyone is using the slide.

Is there a way to add something to your existing plumbing to get water up there? Or just use a garden hose for the time anyone is using the slide.

Pool pump/plumbing is on the other side of the pool.

You bring up a good point about the electrical. Not the best scenario, but seeing as it’s submersible, shouldn’t be an issue should it? Whatever the case, we did run a hose from the water spigot as a temporary solution.

Might be worth reading through this thread.

The submersible pump is a convenient idea. But, I foresee room for error.

The submersible pump is a convenient idea. But, I foresee room for error
+ 1 for each. I couldn’t personally rely on the build quality of a $44 submersible pump to keep us safe. Heck, even a much nicer one.

what about a external pump that sucks from a hose. Mount it on the framing of the slide and only the hose is in the pool. In that scenario the worst that happens is the hose gets kinked or knocked out of the pool. I’d rather burn out the pump than myself or the kids.

something like this one.

Reactions: Lineman7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.