Any information on this sand filter??

Jun 8, 2010
South Alabama
Ok so i have searched and searched cant find no info but i need a spider gasket for it and probably a whole lot more cause it is old...I'm new to the whole pool world and the filter was gave to me and the pool is up now but i cant backwash the pump till i get that i will plug for now but def. need help...Been reading the forum for weeks Lots of good info and i will def. be ordering the tf 100 :mrgreen:
On the side it says Super Sand II filter model #167.410192

That is a Sears part number. I went to searspartsdirect.com and entered the number and got a hit for a filter and multiport. They don't have parts, but it's no doubt a Hayward multiport. My bet is you can take it in to a pool store and they can match it, especially if you tell them to look at Hayward.

Oh yeah!, Welcome to TFP!

BamaPool said:
So just take my spider gasket out and take to pool store?? WHat about o rings and the spring??
EDit:eek:h yeah before i buy alot of stuff for this filter will my 2500 GPH intex pump be alright to use with this???

Funny you ask about the intex pump.

The answer is YES :party:

I used mine as a backup when my main pool pump wet end failed and it worked out well.

FYI...it wasn't the Waterway pump that failed, it was a Chinese one.

Lesson learned, go with something that is made here in the USA and you can get parts for it.

Yeah if i have to replace any of it it will be USA Equipment but the pool (intex 18 x 48 metal frame) ,Pump, Hoses, and sand filter was all gave to me....The sand filter came from a differnt source is why i was asking...I thought who would give all this stuff away right as summer was hitting but i sure do appreciate it... :mrgreen:

Bama...I have a question? Do you by any chance have the manual for that sand filter? I have the same one and the pump is squirting water out the wrong side and draining my pool instead of filtering it. I really need help on this one. Thanks :)

OK so I finally made it back around here and found some time to work on the pump I know 2 options have been giving for the gasket but I'm trying to narrow it down so I can order it so here is some pics of it apart...The other gasket was completely gone..
DSCN1198.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I just left the pool store and a big no go on the gasket she only carried 3 kind of hayward gaskets and it was none of them so I guess i will be measuring....I really hate pool stores...They was trying to sale me a whole filter and stuff that I didn't need...

Ok I ordered the gasket to fix the above pump..Then after i ordered it I went and got this hayward pump out of the barn hooked it up for the meantime but it is on its last leg also so again I need information for this filter cause the model number is gone on it also.. :rant: Maybe one day i will buy some new equipment to work with..
DSCN1200.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

Well when I first hooked it up I thought every gasket in it needed replacing...I let it run for about 5 minutes water was spewing from everywhere and then all of a sudden it stopped and it has been working perfect...So i will just let it be until i get the parts for the other filter and get it running....So when the spider gasket comes in do you all have any advice putting it in??gluing??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.