Any idea what these skimmer-type holes in the deck are?

diatonic7

Mar 9, 2021
Dallas TX
I have one of these on each side of the pool:
63651112517__6829CEF1-3AD9-42E7-80B5-664DC30BE05B.jpg

No one ever mentioned what they were when I moved into the house.

I'm in Texas, and the cold weather a few weeks back made one crack:

IMG_2025.jpg

I'm looking for a replacement lid, but I have no idea what to search for. Skimmer lids obviously have holes in them, and as you can see from the in-tact one in the picture, I don't think the lids are supposed to have holes.

My pool guy isn't sure either. He thought maybe an in-ground chlorinator that was shut off/abandoned. There's a return in the pool wall right by each of them. But, he wasn't sure why there would be 2 of them.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 18

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The one with the broken lid is probably an A&A Manufacturing Dek-Chlor ..... it's an in deck tab chlorinator. You can get replacement lids for about $20 or so from inyopools.

Does the second one look exactly the same inside? If not, it could be an auto-fill.

Reactions: diatonic7

diatonic7

Mar 9, 2021
Dallas TX
Thanks! I did a quick Google and that looks to be it. I haven't been able to get the lid off the other one...it's practically glued shut. I guess the previous owner never used them either.

Appreciate the help!

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had one that was extremely tight also. Try washing the perimeter out using a hose nozzle. Use two hands on the cross in the center to pull it out. Once you get it out, sand down the perimeter of the lid to allow it to fit better.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.