(Anti)vibration mats for dampening pump noise: do yours work?

MostlyCanuck

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Read of them in several posts but i see there's a ton of options in the mkt in terms of materials and thickness.. sounds like a smart mitigation in theory. Pump is not in shed but exposed to the elements so would need to use material rated accordingly.

Hoping that folks who have these sorts of anti-vibration pads can comment on their effectiveness and what material/thickness they are using...

thx!

A VSF pump run at low speeds should not have vibration issues.

good point, thx. I would agree, this should not be needed for VS pumps.

not what i asked though! i was hoping that folks who use(d) these pads could share their experience on their effectiveness, etc...

i have a VS pump, but also a regular one for the waterfall, which I would like to silence as much as I can.. and these pads seem good in principle, but didnt want to waste money on something useless.. thickness is especially variable: i see pads as thin as 1/8" and as thick as 1" - I'm guessing the thicker the better, but perhaps that's not correct?

hope someone in the forum has some experience with this 🤞 . Pinging a couple users below who wrote about using these pads in the past:

@outdoorsgal
@jimim
@lfisher53

thx for sharing any suggestions!

Last edited:
Reactions: yarnstomper
I have these

I don‘t use them on my pool pump, but on another pump that’s exposed to the elements for three years now. No noticeable degrading of the product.

they work great.
thank you for sharing that. i saw lots of similar pads. these seem thicker than most. anything that will dampen vibration noise and withstand the elements works for me..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.