another robotic pool cleaner thread :)

cnatra

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2014
Houston TX
so my 14month old Pentair racer is broke and I've been wanting a robotic cleaner since we put the pool in last year

I'm eyeing the Dolphin Z5 on sale at Epic Pool Supply (and it has good reviews on TFP)

I'm having a hard time parting with the $$$$ but probably $250-ish to repair the Racer

Any other robotic cleaners that are worth considering ?

Any of the Aquabots ? (the warranty doesn't look as good)

What's the warranty service like on the Dolphin robots ??

Anyone compare the Dolphin Triton Plus to the Z5 ?
Those 2 look almost identical except for the extra year of warranty coverage.

I'm also a little worried about the Z5 getting stuck on the main drains vs. maybe an M400 with the extra brush in the middle

THANKS for any & all feedback

Can't really offer much in the way of advice but someone will be around to help you.

I'm on my second year with a Aquabot Rapids 4WD and so far no issues & very happy with performance- came with a 2 year warranty and was about $650. We have a lot of trees around our pool so the bot is busy picking up leaves, acorns etc.. Also had a new paver patio installed around the pool and the bot has no issues getting up the sand that get blown in. Here is an 11 page thread on it:
New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

As you probably understand, there are many similar dolphin models made specifically for different lines of business (Z5 for online sales, M5 for brick and mortar, Leslie's even has their own line). I bought the M4 at a local supply store ($100 instant rebate and $75 mail in rebate got the price to that of the Z5). Should I have any issues I can take it to my local pool store who has been selling dolphins for years and is comfortable maintaining them. I did not buy the Z5 because you must mail it in to have it repaired, paying for shipping, and going without a cleaner for who knows how long. So I would consider finding a distributor you trust near by. If you need help woth that, call maytronics and they will connect you with folks nearby

I'm on my second year with a Aquabot Rapids 4WD and so far no issues & very happy with performance- c
New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Thanks for the info , I've been talking to Epic Pool supply about some of the Aquabot cleaners too

- - - Updated - - -

As you probably understand, there are many similar dolphin models made specifically for different lines of business (Z5 for online sales, M5 for brick and mortar, Leslie's even has their own line). I bought the M4 at a local supply store ($100 instant rebate and $75 mail in rebate got the price to that of the Z5). Should I have any issues I can take it to my local pool store who has been selling dolphins for years and is comfortable maintaining them. I did not buy the Z5 because you must mail it in to have it repaired, paying for shipping, and going without a cleaner for who knows how long. So I would consider finding a distributor you trust near by. If you need help with that, call maytronics and they will connect you with folks nearby

I found a local pool store that can sell me an M400 or M500

I'm thinking about those with the rebate

Did you get the remote for the M4 ?

Do you think the extra brush in the middle makes a difference in cleaning ?

THANKS

I made my decision to get the M400 because it was several hundred less than the M500 because it does not come with a remote. Other than that, they are essentially the exact same unit. So I do NOT have a remote. I think the extra brush definitely won't hurt anything - I would imagine it would help in cleaning. At the very least will help prevent it from getting stuck on drains etc...

I made my decision to get the M400 because it was several hundred less than the M500 because it does not come with a remote. Other than that, they are essentially the exact same unit. So I do NOT have a remote. I think the extra brush definitely won't hurt anything - I would imagine it would help in cleaning. At the very least will help prevent it from getting stuck on drains etc...

well I'm going to buy the M400 or M500 tomorrow , I can't decide which

the sticker shock is making me think if I'm already at the $$$$ for the M400 why not the M500 :p:roll eyes:

did your M400 come with both sets of filters ?

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.