Another - Pump will not stay primed

Jun 7, 2016
eastlake
I am at a total loss for why I am unable to stay primed. (Waterway clearWater II)

The skimmer is full with no vortex (even with pump on high)
I have wrapped everything in saran wrap, nice and tight on the intake side (as you can see in the photo) to make sure no air comes in from the typical spots.
The pump does not leak water and there are no visible cracks.

Some how, some way, air still gets in there. Anyone have any clues at all?

20200527_122636 (3).jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: With an AGP, water should flow easily to the pump by gravity, so there is either a restriction or an air leak like a crack in a straw. Is that gate valve I see on the suction line just before the pump?
Thanks for the reply.

It is on the suction side before the pump. Motor is on the right pumping to the filter behind.

I hooked it up yesterday and checked and there was no obstruction or cracks I can see. I store it in a shed so I check for nice and all was clear. Just so stumped. It makes no sense.

Could it be that the top of the filter is as tall as the pool because I have it on a stand? Should I put it on the ground? Also the black hose from skimmer to trap is new as I thought that may be it.

You'll have to help me a little now. :) I thought the gray ribbed hose was coming down from the skimmer to the pump. No? You say the black hose is from the skimmer? Can you maybe post another pic from a different angle so we can see it all? I'm also curious to see how the filter is connected.

Sorry about that. The sunlight makes the hose look grey. I took the wrap off the top cuz it didn't make a difference. Here is another pic. From skimmer -> 6' hose -> pump -> filter. I still have all the connections wrapped, plus I wrapped the bottom plug too. 20200527_194208.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.