Another Pebble Tek Question Thread

Feb 18, 2013
I am torn between NPT mini pebbles and PT Pebble Sheen. The PT company claims that it is a superior product, but I am not finding evidence of that. Digging in deeper, I find that PT uses an organic pigment rather than inorganic pigment. As they claim to be the best and charge more than the rest, is there a reason that they choose organic, which fades over time?

For those that have had a PT pool for 10 years+, how is the color holding up? All pebbles will endure for years with proper water chemistry, but why pay more if they all fade and need a face lift as a plaster pool would?

I remember reading this post from @onBalance last year. Luckily, I have yet to kill all my brains cells.

I remember reading this post from @onBalance last year. Luckily, I have yet to kill all my brains cells.

Yes, I have read this, a great report, than you @onBalance . Hence my questions?

My surface is just over four years old now and I've seen areas begin to fade, particularly at sharp transitions between the walls/bottom and walls/steps. I'm certain it's not calcium and confident it's not related to water chemistry. I think it was a poor choice on my part in selecting a dark colored finish. If I had to do it over again, I would still choose a pebble finish for durability, but would stick with a lighter colored finish to reduce the appearance of fading.

My surface is just over four years old now and I've seen areas begin to fade, particularly at sharp transitions between the walls/bottom and walls/steps. I'm certain it's not calcium and confident it's not related to water chemistry. I think it was a poor choice on my part in selecting a dark colored finish. If I had to do it over again, I would still choose a pebble finish for durability, but would stick with a lighter colored finish to reduce the appearance of fading.
Thank you Mike, this is the info I am looking for, appreciate it!

Generally, Organic pigments are less expensive than Inorganic pigments. So why the extra charge?
Mike provided good advice as "darker" colors are more difficult to keep dark.
And has the article pointed out, most Organic pigments will become bleached out in short order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.