Another OB in Mesa, AZ

Cortina7

Mar 29, 2019
Mesa, AZ
I've been lurking on here for a while and noticed there are quite a few OB's in my area. The amount of help and knowledge on those threads is amazing so I figured I'd add my own build thread now that we are finally getting the process started.

Here's what we've got so far. Hopefully some of the pro's can chime in and let me know if anything stands out to you that needs to be fixed or added!

15'x30' with a baja shelf and 3 LED bubblers (16.5k gallons)
5'6" to 3'6" depth (I know a lot of guys recommend 4' minimum)
Gunite- Undetermined on the pool finish color
Equipment-
Pentair Intellicenter
IC40 SWG
Pentair intelliflo VSF-011056
Pentair 160301 Clean and clear plus cartridge- 520 sqft
3 Pentair Microbites
3 Pentair LED Bubblers
2 Pentair 300w Transformers
Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot Vac

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
SWEET! I have been waiting for a new pool to help build! If you have been reading you know what I am going to ask for now.........a picture of where this pool will be going!

Do you have a design yet? Post it up so we can go over that as well.

Kim:kim:

Cortina7

Mar 29, 2019
Mesa, AZ
SWEET! I have been waiting for a new pool to help build! If you have been reading you know what I am going to ask for now.........a picture of where this pool will be going!

Do you have a design yet? Post it up so we can go over that as well.

Kim:kim:
Here is what we are working with! A whole bunch of dirt... IMG_1703.JPG

QC Pool Dreams

Sep 23, 2019
Queen Creek, Az
Welcome! We are going through the same process just down the road in QC and have friends in the Cortina neighborhood as well, so Im happy to chat as you go along if you have any questions!

Are you using BYOP or just all on your own? We are using PSD but their processes seem very similar. I'm no expert on the equipment side so I'll let the others handle that but Im sure we can share learnings along the way - good luck!

Cortina7

Mar 29, 2019
Mesa, AZ
Welcome! We are going through the same process just down the road in QC and have friends in the Cortina neighborhood as well, so Im happy to chat as you go along if you have any questions!

Are you using BYOP or just all on your own? We are using PSD but their processes seem very similar. I'm no expert on the equipment side so I'll let the others handle that but Im sure we can share learnings along the way - good luck!
Awesome! Yes, we are going through BYOP and so far everything has been pretty smooth. Only "issue" we've had is getting a steel/rebar company to respond to us. We've got everyone else set with the exception of steel. I've touched base with a couple of the other companies to see who they recommend and its all the same company, the one who isn't responding. Hoping some of the other OB's in the area can recommend a company or two.

QC Pool Dreams

Sep 23, 2019
Queen Creek, Az
Awesome! Yes, we are going through BYOP and so far everything has been pretty smooth. Only "issue" we've had is getting a steel/rebar company to respond to us. We've got everyone else set with the exception of steel. I've touched base with a couple of the other companies to see who they recommend and its all the same company, the one who isn't responding. Hoping some of the other OB's in the area can recommend a company or two.
I'll send you a message, I've got a few and they all replied so I'm sure we can get you one! :)