Another O/B in Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada (with completed photos and costs!)

Re: Another O/B in Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada

Things slowed down a little bit again because of the weather (wind, heat, and some rain) and a vacation, but we're nearing the finish line. Just passed my pre-plaster inspection this morning. Here to get the pre-plaster you have to have a pool code gate to the backyard and either alarms on all the doors into the backyard or another pool fence. We opted for the fence. Plaster is supposed to happen sometime next week. Also going to have gas company hook up gas for the heater. Also going to install the slide. Then we've just got do landscaping to finish things up.

image_zpsiplto5be.jpeg

image_zpsg15ymkmr.jpeg

image_zpskkqroq8c.jpg
image_zpsgtyaesky.jpeg

Plaster company came and pressure washed the gunnite today. Plaster goes in tomorrow morning. We're doing pebble fina grigio, so it requires an acid startup to expose the sparkling bits of aggregate in the plaster. It was a pain in the butt on our last pool as the builder screwed it up and the pool had to be drained and acid washed to get it right. Apparently it has been a running problem because this time the plasterer told me they will handle the acid start up to make sure it gets done right.

Wow your pool is coming along nicely! We are looking to build our own pool in the Las Vegas area and your build looks very similar to what
we are thinking of doing! Would it be possible for you to PM me a list of the people you used in your build? We are not having much luck
finding names of good subs in the area. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Congrats! It looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it completely filled!

We are having to do a smaller size spa since it will be almost completely within the pool. How many would you say your 6x6 comfortably seats? Would 6 people fit or is 4 better?

You could fit 6, but it depends on how close everyone is. It would be more comfortable with 4 for sure.
Congrats! It looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it completely filled!

We are having to do a smaller size spa since it will be almost completely within the pool. How many would you say your 6x6 comfortably seats? Would 6 people fit or is 4 better?

For those of you interested in what something like this costs, the builder I went to originally quoted me a total of $65,500 for most of what I ended up building. Our finished product has a few upgrades and additional items, and we haven't finished pavers and landscaping yet, but here were our approximate costs showing savings of over $20,000!

ReasonEstimated CostActual Cost
Plans/Design$675.00
Engineering$305.00
Soils Report$500.00
Sewer Permit$219.50$219.50
County Permit$627.91
$2,327.41
Excavation$3,100.00
Gunnite$6,223.00$6,223.00
Spray Deck$6,700.00$6,700.00
Electrical$2,152.00$2,400.00
Plumbing$4,300.00$4,300.00
Tile$1,000.00$1,188.00
Pavers$1,390.00
Steel$1,850.00$1,700.00
Plaster$4,140.00$4,140.00
Pool Fence$2,000.00$1,675.00
Plumbing Equip.$6,699.95
slide$2,237.51
pool code gate$333.00$320.00
GRAND TOTAL$43,010.87

The pool is now filled and all systems are go (well, almost all systems). It took a total of 40 hours to fill the pool which coincided with a 2:30 a.m. changing of the hose to the spa under the light of the big full moon. I reduced the flow on the hose for the spa and by 6:30 a.m. water had just begun cascading over the spillway into the pool. As if by magic, the guy from the plaster company in charge of doing acid start-up for the pebble fina showed up at 7 a.m. He took care of cutting the skimmer pipe and turning on the system to make sure we had a nice flow through the entire system, as well as giving the plaster its inaugural brushing. The acid bath will be pumping through the system for the next 48 hours. I installed the auto-level and when I went to put the cap in, I discovered the spray deck impedes it a little bit. We also have an issue to deal with the gas line for the fire pit in the deck not being accessible enough. Finally, we need to bolt down the slide and get it and the blower fan for the spa plumbed and then all systems really will be a go. I'll test the lights tonight and report back.
First, from the patio (we will be extending it with pavers as part of landscaping phase):
image_zpscubkpu3m.jpeg

image_zpsqwdshwgx.jpeg
image_zpsqeu6qixg.jpeg
image_zpshjdqqorn.jpeg
image_zpsyf8mudql.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.