Another IC40 question

PanchoButler

Aug 29, 2019
Katy, TX
As has been mentioned before, I am new to pools in general. I just had to have my IC40 replaced. I have noticed that even when the pool is off, the IC40 still has power. The flow light is red, and the salt good and low lights alternate due there being no flow. I have the Easy Touch system with the remote. I don’t think the IC40 should be on when the pool is not running, correct? If not, how do I wire it up to run only when the pump is running?

Thanks

You are correct the IC40 should not be powered when your pump is off.

The IC40 should be powered off the same Pool Pump Relay that your pump is connected to. You need to look at where it is connected to now.

Post a pic of your ET showing the wiring.

Looks like your IC40 uses a Power Center box. Which wires into the ET are from the Power Center and where do they connect to?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pb,

OK... the large transformer in the upper right of your pic is for the SWCG. Right below the transformer is a filter... I can't tell, looking at the pic, but we need to see where the input wires to the filter go... There is a white pic of the filter and how it is wired into the transformer right on the back wall of your ET.. The output wires, Brown and Blue, are connected to the transformer's Yellow and White wires.. What we need you to figure out is where do the input wires to the filter connect.. They are also Brown and Blue.

In theory, they should be connected to the load side of the pump filter relay, which is the one in the upper left of your pic.

It could be the relay is bad and just stuck closed???? Do you have a VS pump or a single speed pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you put the system in Service mode and press the Filter pump button, does the Salt System go on and off with the pump on light?

Does the pump go on and off with the filter pump button?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.