Kelowna
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I had some issues with improper bonding work done by my electrician. They tell me that they have rectified all issues and passed the electrical inspection (the inspector didn't come out but they sent pictures to him). I just noticed that my bonding wire is connected to my pump with a zip tie and I'm wondering if this looks acceptable, or if my electrician messed up again. Thank you for any advice!

Attachments

• 20200827_070813.jpg
    20200827_070813.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 53
The actual one should be on a lug somewhere towards the back on the underside or under the plastic housing. That looks like it’s just holding the wire out of the way.

The actual one should be on a lug somewhere towards the back on the underside or under the plastic housing. That looks like it’s just holding the wire out of the way.
There's no other connection and I dont see a lug on the pump. Do you know if Hayward pumps come with a bonding lug or should the electrician have provided one?

What about under the plastic rear cover. Should just be one screw holding it on. ? @JamesW is a master at these things

It should be below the back motor cover.

hayward-spx3210z1ber-02.jpeg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.