Bronze Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Victorville, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All...after reviewing the posts from others that have had this issue (the problem is virtually identical to the one newmaac had in May of 2014 - Jandy aqualink RS not turning off .) Currently, I have to manually flip the breaker on and off to run the system. After switching the breaker on, the system will go through the program, switching to low speed when it is time, but won't shut off at the end (it goes back to high speed until I switch the breaker back to off). Both controls (indoor and outdoor) will not allow the pump to be shut off. I figured a new pump relay would solve the problem (used the information from FGrankw1's post - Is it farily easy to replace pump relay switch .) But, unfortunately, replacing the relay (upper left in the image) didn't make any difference. Is it possible I used the wrong breaker or got a bad one? Or is there something else I should be checking? I appreciate any assistance that can be given! -Dave

20170316_172826.jpg

But, unfortunately, replacing the relay (upper left in the image) didn't make any difference. Is it possible I used the wrong breaker or got a bad one?

View attachment 381810

Dave, what pump do you have?

It looks to me like the 240V CB which is probably powering your pump is wired into the lower left relay, not the upper left relay.

Do you have a multimeter?

You need to confirm which relay is connected to the first relay socket for the filter/pump.

Then check the voltage on the LOAD screws and see if you have no voltage with the FILTER PUMP off and 240V voltage with the FILTER PUMP on.

Thanks for the reply Allen! It's a Hayward Northstar pump. I was going off of the panel schematic, but it wouldn't surprise me that it might not match. I'll see if I can verify your suspicions tomorrow...

20170315_175258.jpg

Allen, your were spot on with your diagnosis...it turns out the the top left relay is for AUX 1. After verifying which was which, I put the new relay where it was supposed to go and viola...problem solved!:D I guess it should have been more obvious as the purple wires went to the 240V CB and the red wire went to the 2-speed relay. But, being semi-naive, I saw the schematic and believed it...my bad! Thanks again for the help! -Dave

Thanks again for the help!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.