Another AGP build thread - a resume from a disatrous pandemic summer

I'm currently awaiting test kits to arrive.
Great! Which test kit did you order?

My water is currently cloudy though. I added 3 jugs (1 gallon each) over the course of 4 days and acquired a robot which has been working ok. ......... Until the test kits get here, does this look like a not enough chlorine and thus too dirty water issue? I added 4 lbs of stabilizer a few weeks ago which should be a CYA around 40 I think.
We have no idea if it looks like enough chlorine. If the water isn't getting cloudier, then whatever you are doing is helping or keeping the algae at bay. Only the test kit can confirm if you are at the proper FC levels. You will need to know your CYA level as well.

My kids and I got in it today because the water hit 74! So refreshing after their soccer practice! It held up great! I admit I was nervous because this is the first time with bodies in it, but it was solid!
Great feeling to get in the pool and enjoy it!! If it didn't get cloudy afterward, then chlorine is probably holding decent. Once your test kit arrives, you can see where you are and do a proper SLAM Process to get that pool CRYSTAL clear. You'll get there, no doubt.

I have a TF100 on order, but in the meantime my cousin gave me some "strips" that can test for chlorine and cya as he doesn't use them anymore. I know it's not ideal, but it might at least give an idea of levels until the kit arrives.

BTW, is there a sub-forum for selling stuff? I have an extra 21' x 52" j-hook liner that I can't use (I originally tried to get a 21' pool but we ended up with a 24' pool). I will be happy to sell it to someone. It's brand new in the box and never has been opened.

Woah, water temps around 77ish today. So refreshing.

Current test results:
Hardness - 300
FC - 4
PH - 7.4
Alkalinity - 90
CYA - 40

I run my pump/filter on low from 9am - 6pm everyday. The trees drop so much debris, small little white debris right now. We keep the solar cover on unless we swim. The trees drop this stuff constantly and it's hard to keep up with skimming the water clean. I use the robot for an hour or two every morning. I drop it in when I wake up around 6:30am.

I'm thinking maybe I should do another SLAM process once the temps go down some and try to keep the kids out lol.

The water has been cloudy the past week. It's not really that dirty (leaves/dirt/etc) and we have a robot that cleans the bottom of the pool every day. The water is not so bad it deters people from getting in it, it's just that you can't see much beyond the surface. It's not green, just cloudy (whiteish).

It's still a little cloudy this morning. I waited for the temps to go down a bit so the kids would stay out of the water while it could SLAM. I put in 3 gallons of chlorine over the course of 1 day (1.5 each in morning and evening) to get the FC levels way up and left the pump/filter on low overnight. I can see it getting clearer compared to what it was. Must've been from when I didn't have chlorine in it for a almost a month when temps were in 50's-60's. I'm sure the trees we have don't help. Anyways, I'm still learning the process for the first time, and really appreciate all the help on this forum!

Got it now! Good thinking on your part then!

With the water still being cloudy you do need to keep on with the SLAM. It does sound like you are on the tail end of a SLAM where it is mostly on the filter to clear the water BUT you do not want to take any chance the algae will start back.

Have you been brushing the sides and bottom the pool each day? If not it is a good idea to make sure everything is in the water for the filter to get to.

Share a pic of your pool water so we can really see what you are working with.

Kim:kim:

The first image is from about 5 days ago, the 2nd and 3rd images are from this morning. The image from 5 days ago you couldn't see anything under the surface of the water. The images from this morning already show a huge difference. It's got a ways to go still, but things can be seen on the floor!

BTW, the robot is a cordless (5000mah battery) robot. It was given to me as a gift. I originally wanted a corded robot that has a finer filter (bags I think), but the gifter knows I love technology (I'm a software/web/db dev) and thought this would be cool. While it does take a good time to charge, it runs for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, and it does pick up a good amount of stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_121521096.jpg
    IMG_20210519_121521096.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210523_103156833.jpg
    IMG_20210523_103156833.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210523_103212259.jpg
    IMG_20210523_103212259.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210515_141545056.jpg
    IMG_20210515_141545056.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 4
MUCH progress for sure!!! Now it is time and filtering. Keep the FC up to just under the SLAM level during the day so the kids can swim then push it to SLAM level during the night. That will be the best of both worlds-kids can swim and wear them selves out and your pool keeps clearing up.

Reactions: magiteck
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.