Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,

Can I install an anode above the outlet of the pump?

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• 429CA1CC-B347-4CEA-8842-DED39A6DB2B5.jpeg
    429CA1CC-B347-4CEA-8842-DED39A6DB2B5.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 11
You really do not want an anode in your water, It will add metals to the water and the is the last thing you want...

Why are you adding an anode?

You really do not want an anode in your water, It will add metals to the water and the is the last thing you want...

Why are you adding an anode?
Sorry, I forgot to mention it will be a saltwater pool with a Hayward salt generator.

If you want to do an anode you want the one buried in the ground but you really do not want that one in the water... I it is zinc, a metal you do not want in the pool...

Here is another article stating just the opposite, to put it in the pool water... I really disagree with this as others also do.... Zinc Anodes For Swimming Pools – INYOPools.com – DIY Resources.

I did bury one and I have no idea if it is doing anything as I do not remember where I buried it :) I used a bolt to attach it to the bonding wire that goes to all my metal equipment attached to the pool, pump, SWG, power center and my 12v power block..

Reactions: Aquaman7
I'm going to go against the flow a little (pun intended : ) ). While I agree that a buried anode is preferred, adding one to the water flow isn't a terrible idea. Given that you have a polymer walled vinyl pool, it isn't as effective for you as it would be for someone with more metal in their pool construction.

It adds a little zinc to your pool, but in New Jersey you'll replace enough water every year that it shouldn't be a problem.

Having said that, If you can return that anode and get a buried anode and connect it to your bonding grid as Casey did, that would be best.

Bama is all over it, it will not be the end of the world if you use it... Sometimes I go a little over on recommendations :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.