Animal Events

ntpd

Apr 27, 2020
NJ
Hi there -

I have been very diligently keeping tabs on my chemistry, and have been doing my best to maintain my appropriate FC to CYA ratio, which is between 3 and 5 ppm.

I recently found a dead baby bird in the pool, and saw the CDC recommends "raising" to 2 ppm. Now I know there's a general guidance that 1-3ppm is ok, but how would I proceed if I am already at 4?

Thanks!

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
I would not worry about a single dead baby bird in the pool. Any idea how long it was in there? I find dead animals in my pool once a week or so. Last week I found 3 chipmunks all in the same skimmer basket. Just took them out and dumped them over the fence as usual. Never have I increased the chlorine level.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88

ntpd

Apr 27, 2020
NJ
I would not worry about a single dead baby bird in the pool. Any idea how long it was in there? I find dead animals in my pool once a week or so. Last week I found 3 chipmunks all in the same skimmer basket. Just took them out and dumped them over the fence as usual. Never have I increased the chlorine level.
Less than 12 hours. It was likely dropped by something else, it definitely didn't make it there on it's own.