"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have Intelliconnect and Pentair Home--PH was the replacement for Link2O which ran on iOS, Android, or Windows. Pentair Home is iOS and Android only.
Has anyone installed an Android emulator and installed Pentair Home on a Windows 10 PC? I know Win11 is supposed to include an Android emulator, but my PCs are all none-compatible with Win11.
Thanks.

Some of us who used Pentair's Link2O to control equipment via the IntelliConnect box, were disappointed when we had to move to the Pentair Home app. Why? Because Link2O ran as an iOS or Android app AND also ran on a Windows PC. Very handy, as the controls were easier to manipulate with a kb and mouse. Pentair Home is iOS or Android only. Someone here suggested trying the Bluestacks Android emulator for Windows--so I did.

Bluestacks 5 downloaded and installed easily. When you start it up, you get a screen that looks a bit like an Android tablet but with added controls at the top and right. Otherwise app icons show on the main screen and are clickable. You'll need a google account to search and install apps, but most people have a spare gmail account like I do. I went to the "Play" store on the Android window, searched for Pentair Home. There it was and I installed it. I got a notice that it might not function normally, however it does. The Bluestacks window changes to one in the shape of a phone in vertical orientation, but everything I've tried works. Start and stop a booster pump, edit the VSF pump's schedule, changed the % setting on the IC-40.

I don't know about other Android apps. The Rain Bird irrigation app installed but at first couldn't seem to connect to the controller, but after I restarted it and connected to the Edit option first, it's OK. I'll try a couple others, but it was the pool equipment I really wanted on the PC. I've attached a screen grab of the Android window on the PC.

Attachments

• PentairHomeOnBluestacks.JPG
    PentairHomeOnBluestacks.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Update. Now with Bluestacks5 Android emulator on my Windows 10 PC, I have access to the Pentair Home app, the Pool Math app (fully synchronized with my phone app and this site), and also Rain Bird.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.