Holts Summit, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I actually bought the connector kit with gate. I used nylon strapping to connect them to the steps. I went through both handles on each side which I will not do next year as the straps are trying to slide to the middle allowing the weight anchors to get back to the floor. I may add 1 more anchor bag next year also to help with grandkids using the steps to jump off of when adults happen to look away...

phonedave

May 30, 2012
Montville NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I use weights that are made for my stairs. They actually clip to the sides.

Pool Step Weights

they go on these steps

Easy Pool Step for Above Ground Pools

I take my steps out at the end of the season. When I put them back in, I make sure they are clean inside

I also filled the weights with pea gravel, not sand - less likely to leak out, and if it does much easier to clean up.

When I install my weights at the start of the season, I fill them with about a half quart of liquid shock and then top up with water. That keeps them pretty well chlorinated.

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I haven’t put them in the pool yet because I wanted to find out from someone where to drill extra holes for water circulation and/or a place to shoot chlorine into. Anyone have that info? Where to drill extra holes, and what size?
I just used the largest drill bit in my tool box, and randomly drilled several holes on each side. Didn’t really have a plan or pattern.

phonedave

May 30, 2012
Montville NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I just used the largest drill bit in my tool box, and randomly drilled several holes on each side. Didn’t really have a plan or pattern.

Pea gravel is usually 3/8". I would go with a 1/4" bit if you are drilling weights and using pea gravel. For steps, I would go with 3/8" or maybe up to 1/2". Any larger and I would worry about impacting the structural integrity of the stairs.

I think my largest bit is a 6" hole saw, that is a little on the large size. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread